top of page
About us: A Brief History
In 1784, twenty-nine years after the organization of the Methodist Episcopal Church, at the famous Christmas Conference held at the Lovely Lane Chapel in Baltimore, Maryland, this church had its beginning.
Two-hundred years ago, in 1813, on the northeast corner of Sharp and Montgomery Streets stood an old carpenter’s shop was the birth of the Frog Eye Mission, which many years later evolved into the John Wesley United Methodist Church.
After many years of winning souls in South Baltimore, in 1959, the church was forced to move to its present location at 3202 West North Avenue, where it continues to make, nurture, and empower disciples for Jesus Christ.
Expanded History of John Wesley United Methodist Church
bottom of page